Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Terrified....

After watching the latest "John and Kate Plus 8" marriage totally terrifies me. Jeremy and I sat and watched it together yesterday. It broke my heart to see John totally check out of his marriage and family.

I confessed my fear of divorce to Jeremy, I never want to be a statistic, or go through the heartbreak of "dissolving a marriage"

He was so sweet, came over to me on the couch and assured me that we would be ok, and work hard to stay together no matter what.

I really, really love him, and pray daily that we never become different people that want to "dissolve" our marriage.

That's all.

3 comments:

Britney said...

I know how you feel! My parents divorced a few years ago and it was one of the reasons we waited a little longer to get engaged. You just have to know that both of you will do whatever you can to make it work and hope for the best!

Jessica Horton said...

My parents were married 20+ years... until my mother passed, my dad remarried 4 years later, and it only lasted 1.5 years... the woman he married, we loved, but after they married she completely changed... no one saw it coming.

It's so scary to think how much we will all change over the next 60+ years... I can only pray it's for the better!

Anonymous said...

My heart completely broke watching that episode! That is one of my biggest fears...that I will enter a marriage and allow it to fall apart. I don't blame you for feeling scared. But I am so glad you and Jeremy talked it out and feel better about it. I see you guys lasting a VERY VERY long time! :) And I can't believe how close your day is coming! I'm so excited!