Thursday, April 30, 2009
I found these a couple of weeks ago, while hunting for a different pair of Via Spigas..... but they were sold out EVERYWHERE!!!!
until this morning..... one pair of 6.5s were on zappos!!!!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
.... I bought one for myself too
at only $5.99... who could resist!
They had some cute bags for swimsuits too!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
I've been eyeing them (and other products from the same seller) for a while. They have 24 more up for grabs, and they have a return policy- so if I get my one and hate it I can return it. If I like it, I think I will buy 7 more and hang them over the tables at the reception.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
New In Bag!!!
These shoes are beautiful, but I have no reason to own them now. I am not wearing what I thought I was for our reception. My loss, your gain!!! Slightly scuffed on the sole, because I walked out on the porch with them on the day I received them.
$150 with free shipping!
Monday, April 20, 2009
I ordered them with a blank spot at the top to use my postcard stamp. I tried it out this morning. The paper is slick and the ink of the stamp doesn't like it much. :-( But, I will use them anyway. I don't want to waste the $36 I spent on them.
Here's some pics!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I don't want Jeremy to see it, that's why I am not posting pictures here
It looked way better after I steamed it!
Monday, April 13, 2009
I worked at Maxie B's most of my college career, so I've always known I'd get my wedding cake there. We already knew we wanted pumpkin chocolate chip for our cake, but I wanted Jeremy to taste other things for our rehearsal dinner dessert, and maybe some cupcakes for the wedding.
They were all so good :-)
We're having a cake like this....
but instead of lemons, it will have orange, sugar tulips! :-)
1. My boudoir photo book (Jeremy's wedding gift!)
2. My Anthropologie wrap and belt.... OMG SOOO CUTE!
3. Jeremy and my dad's shirt for the wedding :-)
4. I found an awesome, very basic white dress for the reception :-) AND... it looks awesome with that new orange belt :-)
This is the closest thing I can find to it.... (It's pretty exact)
BLEH.... $98 my ass... I paid $24.99!
**My shoes from Fredericks should arrive today :-)
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Would you scrap the dress you bought and love to wear you're moms?
Remember, I am changing anyway for the reception....
Thursday, April 9, 2009
and I want....
It has tulips all over it!
If I ever have a little girl... I want this bedding in her room!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Then she sent me this email....
Yeah I totally understand. I know your mom would have had a BLAST helping you plan the wedding. So, I totally get it.
Speaking of that, my dad told me the sweetest story last time I was home. It was a bit random but very sweet. Here’s a warning for you – it may make you tear up (or maybe that’s just me J). I was telling him about your wedding and how beautiful its going to be he all of the sudden said “I had a flower to give to her but it’s gone now.” I was like “Um, what are you talking about Dad???” He then told me that on the day of your mom’s funeral, as they were pushing the casket out of the sanctuary on the way to the graveside, my Dad was the last one in the building after the service. He was walking through turning off lights and what not and he found a pink long-stem rose laying on the floor where the casket had been pushed out. He assumed it must have fallen off the rose spray on top. He picked it up and immediately thought of you. He said it was almost like he was suppose to find it. He said he went and hung it upside down in a closet in the church where nobody would find it and he said eventually he would give it to you…and tell you the story. He would check on it from time to time to make sure it was still there. After about 9 months, they got a new janitor and when my dad went to check on it, it was gone. So, he never got a chance to give it back to you. But I thought it was such a sweet sentiment. I got a little teary eyed when he told me. But I thought you should know that if it had been left alone, I wouldn’t put it past my dad to have made the trip to the wedding just to give it to you. He really felt like the rose was meant for you. And he was meant to find it and give it to you eventually.
Maybe a single pink rose at the wedding wouldn't be so bad.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Well.... I was blog hopping and saw these!!!!!!!!!!!! How freaking adorable would they be on my girls bridesmaids dresses?!?!?!??!?!?!!?
.... specifically the orange one, green one... and maybe the yellow!
on this dress...
Monday, April 6, 2009
Wow, time flies, and I am sure it will only go faster as October 3rd gets closer!
We went hiking yesterday with some friends of ours, and our doggies at Hanging Rock State Park, which is only about 5 mins from our venue. We made a quick trip down the driveway to show our friends where we're tying the knot. It made me even more excited to see the place again. I can't wait!
I forgot my camera today, so I will post pictures tomorrow :-)
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Today on the knot:
"How early are you suppose to start getting your hair and makeup done? My ceremony starts at 11 AM."
Are girls out there not smart enough to plan out a day... I mean you do it every other day... why are you making it so hard on that day? This was my response to her-
"whenever you want. it's your day. If you want to be pulling hot rollers out at 10:55 go for it. If not, start earlier."
I am sick of reading questions that involve the issue of colors.... "can I use purple with gold and orange?"
OMG.... do you dress yourself everyday? can you coordinate an outfit or a room? then what the hell do you think? why is it that we are reverting back to 4 year olds all the sudden that can't match their pants and shirts!
Jesus, their are some dumb girls out there, with some even dumber questions.
I am saying NO to:
1. Chivari Chairs- beautiful yes, expensive yes, practical yes, stuffy yes
2. Favors- I've said it before, I'll say it again- I'm feeding you, giving you free entertainment, and getting you drunk- I don't need to give you a "token" for coming. Period.
3. Fondant- I worked in a bakery (the one where our cake is from) for 2 1/2 years... I know how nasty it taste... I will take not perfect, unsmooth cream cheese frosting anyday!
5. Seating Charts, escort cards- sit with who you want- I don't care!
6. An open bar- Jeremy's friends drink scotch... good for them... they can bring a flask.... everyone else can enjoy beer and wine.
7. Pricey florals- it's called DIY biotch.... and it's only about $300.
8. Overpriced bridesmaids dresses- My girls are rocking chocolate brown cocktail dresses from Target.com for $32
9. "Bridal shoes" I'm wearing cute brown sandals that I already own.
10. Matchy, matchy bridesmaid shoes- just because they will show- who cares.
11. Stuffy family portraits following the wedding.
12. Over the top centerpieces... really does anyone ever remember centerpieces? (before you were engaged.... i mean, i remember the 2 since I've been engaged, but I think that's only because I'm engaged)
13. Traditional round tables- I am so enthused about my super duper long rectangles!
14. A giant bouquet.
15. Tux's - our guys will look awesome in their Geoffry Beene suits that they get to KEEP!
16. A huge wedding cake... were having a tiny 2 tier cake, and pies, and cupcakes :-) YUM!
That's all for now.....
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
For the people that are in our wedding, part of our gift to them is a free nights stay here, so that no one has to drive after the reception, but for the rest of the people that want a room here.... why can't we charge them? After all, if they stay anywhere else.... they will pay $50 and higher a night, and they will have to drive 30+ minuets away, after the reception.
Now, I'm not saying to charge a ton, maybe $25 a room? a bed? I am pondering how to do this. Some rooms have 2 double beds, some have 1 double, some have 1 twin, some 2 twins, some bunk beds. I don't want to have a couple reserve a double, and end up with a room that has 2 doubles, and we end up with a bed no one's gonna use.... does that make sense?
Thank you $2000 bride for sharing all your ideas!