Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How Adorable is My Mom?!

For those of you who don't know me personally, I lost my Mom when I was 17. She was my best friend. I hate that she will not physically be there on our big day.

Right after we got engaged, we went to see my sister and her family to show off my bling.... we then proceeded to get out our parents wedding album and look through it. I'd seen it a hundred times, but now had a different perspective, being a bride-to-be.

I'm not sure if it was very common to have a get-a-way outfit in 1969, but in any case, my Mom wore the cutest little blue suit. We won't be doing a grand exit because we're staying at our location, along with some of our guests and wedding party, so I will not be wearing a get-a-way outfit.

BUT... since we have decided to do a "day after" wedding shoot, I think I might try and tackle the project of making a replica of my moms suit for some of the photos. Anyone have advice on sewing a fitted jacket??? It's going to be a pain!

Check out my cute parents on their big day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

Fashionable Affair said...

I think that is the sweetest idea to wear a replica outfit. Perfect and you will cherish that forever.
You should do a similar picture with Jeremy and frame the photos in the same frame.

Jennifer said...

Not only is that an adorable outfit, check out the gloves and the hairdo! I agree with Jennifer, a similar picture of the two you would be very sweet.