Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Reception Lighting Delima

So.... the place we are having our reception is used as a "gym" and it has those horrible, florescent, gym lights. I refuse to use them! So, I've been racking my brain to come up with unique lighting options. (See more reception hall pics at the bottom)

My first thought was to wrap the rafters in white Christmas lights. The only problem- the rafters are really, really high! I have no clue how I would get up there. (See rafters in pic)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
2nd thought- Get (or make) some tall columns and wrap them in Christmas lights.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
3rd thought- (could be done with 2nd thought)- get some candle chandeliers to hang from those really tall rafters..... I found this one on ace hardwares website- for $44
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



more pics...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I know you're thinking "wow, that place looks like a dump" but trust me, it will look amazing, after it's all over! :-)

No comments: